Welcome To G.D. Professional College
Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Applications (PGDCA) is a one-year professional course in Computer Applications that imparts knowledge about computer applications or computer science.
The course covers both academic and practical major aspects of computer software development and use. The student will learn about topics including operating systems, database management systems, and web programming over the course. Candidates who successfully complete the programme will be qualified for a range of positions in the computer software industry.
The PGDCA programme as mentioned above is available in both regular and distance modes, with each having their advantages and disadvantages. A distance learning PGDCA course is cheaper and the students can enroll in their native or a nearby place where a centre is located. On the other end of the spectrum, there is the regular PGDCA course administered normally every week in a normal classroom environment. So, candidates get to engage more frequently with faculty and peers; the quality of teachers is also better in regular classes and there is more energy to it. Distance learning classes can be more laid back.
PGDCA Course Details:
One rule of thumb that all candidates need to follow before taking admission to a PGDCA course is to carefully check out the syllabus of PGDCA. It is because the PGDCA syllabus would give the candidate a fair hint whether the course is a right fit for the candidate. Also note that while the syllabus for the programme may vary from one institute to another the basic theme or core remains the same.
- Fundamental of Computer & M S Office.
- Database using M S Access, My SQL
- VB.Net Programming
- DTP with Page maker, Photoshop, Coreldraw
- Financial Accounting with Tally
- Internet & Web Designing
DCA Course Fees:
The average course fees for a candidate for PGDCA (Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Applications) course ranges from INR 3000 to INR two lakhs per annum. The fee structure may differ based on different colleges or institutions.
Eligibility Criteria for Bachelor of computer applications
There are a number of institutes that offer PGDCA, but the eligibility criteria of PGDCA is not uniform across these institutes. Take for example, IK Gujral Punjab Technical University, which doesn’t have any cutoff marks in the qualifying exam for admission, whereas for admission to the same course at Dibrugarh University, the applicant needs to score minimum 40% marks in the graduate exam (relaxation of 5% in minimum marks applies to reserved category candidates.
Then in some cases, institutes specify a strict age limit for admission as part of PGDCA eligibility criteria. Vallabh Government College, Mandi is a case in point as it mandates that applicants be not more than 26 years of age ( 28 years for girls). So, before applying to a PGDCA programme, it is important that the applicant confirms the required PGDCA eligibility criteria.
- Qualifying exam: The candidate needs to be a graduate in any discipline (BA, B.Com, B.Sc, BBA, BCA, B.Tech etc.).
- Minimum marks: There is generally no minimum marks, barring a few exceptions like Dibrugarh University.
- Subject combination: While a simple graduation is generally enough, institutes like IGNOU and Indian Statistical Institute, Kolkata demand that the candidate also studied Mathematics as one of the subjects in their graduate/post-graduate degree.
- Age limit: Again most institutes don’t have any upper or lower age limit. Exceptions include Vallabh Government College, Mandi.